Technology… It can help us in so many ways. All month long, we’ve been sharing information here at EntreArchitect Podcast and over at the blog on the many ways that technology can help us be better architects. At times, technology can be a burden. It can be overwhelming. It can be complicated and frustrating. It can be time consuming and distracting.
Truthfully, technology can be downright stressful. Over two years ago Mark decided to step away from news in every form: TV, radio, print and internet. The day he stopped listening to all that stuff and started paying attention to the things that actually were in his control, his stress was radically reduced. Mark encourages you to commit to a full media blackout by eliminating any technology that causes you stress.
What if we could use technology to reduce our stress? This week at EntreArchitect Podcast, Mark will share 5 Ways to Use Technology to Reduce Our Stress.
Mark’s commitment is to make the world a better place by doing more things within his control, and you can do the same thing.
- Music // Music has always been used to reduce stress. We have access to music anytime and anywhere depending on what we’re in the mood for.
- Meditation // As meditation has become more mainstream, more are turning to this focused practice of sitting in silence for a period of time. Check out our list of recommended apps below.
- Exercise // Of course we can exercise without technology, but there’s so many ways to use great technology to help you get out there and get moving! Find things that work with your activities to keep you motivated. Use technology to set reminders and block time to exercise!
- Automation // We’re doing so many things every day and all day long, and the easiest way to slim down that burden is to automate things. Check out the post on the blog this week, How to Automate Your Small Firm Architecture Studio, for ideas how to do this and keep searching for others that work for you. The fewer tasks we have, the less stressed we’ll be.
- Develop Systems // It’s so important to the success of our businesses and to our health. Developing systems allow us to feel confident that the work will get done without us so we can focus on the things we love. Developing systems is the most important goal that you can set for your success.
What are some ways you use technology to reduce your stress? Tell us about them in the comments below!
Visit our Platform Sponsor
The easiest way to send invoices, manage expenses, and track your time.
Access Your 30-Day Free Trial at FreshBooks.com/architect (Enter EntreArchitect)
Referenced in This Episode
10% Happier by Dan Harris (book), 10% Happier Website, and 10% Happier Meditation App
Meditation Apps: Headspace, Omvana, Buddhify, Mindfulness, and Calm
Apps for Exercise: RunKeeper
Apps for Automation: Zapier and IFTTT
System Development: Evernote, Google Drive, and Trello
Photo Credit:Shutterstock / Seyomedo